Inflation Targeting Statistiek

Continue & discrete verdelingen, toevalsveranderlijken, betrouwbaarheidsintervallen, correlaties.
Plaats reactie
diederikvanduuren
Nieuw lid
Nieuw lid

Inflation Targeting Statistiek

Bericht door diederikvanduuren » 30 nov 2015, 18:55

Onderstaand bericht heb ik gepost op een engelstalig forum vandaar in het Engels.

For a economical class I'm following I need some help for an assignment. I'm totally lost.
The assignment asks me to test if there is a difference in 1.average inflation rate and 2.variability of inflation rate.
I have a spreadsheet with the Consumer Price Indexes (quarterly data from 1985 to 2008) of 22 countries. Some of these countries introduced inflation targeting at a certain given year. By using the price indexes of the current year and previous year I already created a worksheet with all the inflations percentages. Who can help me with the next step how to test 1 and 2, I believe its possible with Excell (regressions, tables, graphs?) or do I need another program?

Alvast bedankt!

diederikvanduuren
Nieuw lid
Nieuw lid

Re: Inflation Targeting Statistiek

Bericht door diederikvanduuren » 06 dec 2015, 11:28

To be absolutely clear, In Part III you will formally test whether there is a difference in a) average inflation rate and b) variability of inflation rate in a sample of 22 advanced economies over the period 1985-2008 between group of countries who adopted inflation targeting and the countries who did not.

Dit is wat de leraar zojuist post. Hoe voer ik deze test uit? Anova? Welke data invoer?

Plaats reactie